Friday, September 25, 2009

Goodbye Phu Quoc











We are departing from our little island paradise tomorrow (saturday) morning and I have to admit that I am quite ready to go despite my rave reviews. The weather has been nothing short of wild with torrential rains and fast winds that shake our little bungalow like a leaf. I am not really complaining, I actually love the weather, but I am beginning to miss the sunshine and the ability to comfortably stroll about. We are taking a plane this time, no death-defying bus or boat rides, although I am a terrible flyer so I am not sure what's worse, but it's only a 1 hour flight so hopefully I can remain calm.
I will miss our little bungalow and the restaurants where no matter what we ordered it was delicious (except for one order of bbq squid w/guts intact and even that had a delicious marinade). We have been adopted by a little island dog that we have named Xin Chau which just means "hello" but our Vietnamese vocabulary is still pretty limited and what we do know I feel fairly certain we are demolishing in our pronunciation. Pretty much everyone laughs when we attempt words or phrases, but it's alright, at least we're funny.
So now it's off to Ho Chi Minh City once again, for at least a night and then on to Dalat, a little mountain town that is supposedly much cooler and very charming. If we decide to skip Dalat in favor of more ocean then we will head to Nha Trang and hopefully we can catch some rays there and do a little snorkeling. Either way I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! It's so beautiful there! That dog is adorable and you look so pretty and happy. :) Have fun on your next adventure! ~Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    I have read all of your posts to the kids and we have enjoyed your pictures too. Your adventure sounds like the trip of a lifetime.

    Sarah says she can't wait to see you in November.

    Cameron says that he loved the sunset pictures.

    We are looking forward to the next entry and are excited to share in your journey.

    We miss you,
    Carrie, Cameron and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful sounding trip! I hope you guys are having a great time. I hope you packed the dog she looks like a keeper. Safe travels.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys! I'm so glad you're keeping up with the blog, it is so nice to find your comments here. :-) I will do my best to keep the posts and pictures coming.
    Luv, Heather

    ReplyDelete