Monday, September 28, 2009

Da Lat...

So, unfortunately I have very little to report as well as a distinct lack of new photos to post. We left Saigon on sunday (saturday for you) and took a "sleeper bus" to the city of Da Lat which boasts some french colonial architecture as well as some well-landscaped parks, cathedrals and an area that is supposed to be beautiful called "The Valley of Love" with a park and lake that you can ride horses around. I have been looking forward to Da Lat since we arrived in Vietnam partly because of these attractions but mostly because it maintains cooler temperatures than many other areas in Vietnam due to its' location in the mountains.
We are on day three here and most of what we have seen has been the inside of our hotel room as well as some very lame movies. The weather has been pretty intense/awful, worse even then in Phu Quoc. There is a typhoon that is expected to hit Hoi An which is just north of Da Lat and on the coast, tonight, and apparently the weather that we are experiencing here is as a result of that typhoon. The weather's bad enough but Ray also has a cold...he doesn't want to admit it but he's asleep at 1:15pm after taking cold medicine and eating noodle-free, brothy soup...hmmm?
At any rate, I don't expect that we will end up seeing much of Da Lat. I am using this down time to catch up on reading for school and to just relax...if the weather were nice I would venture out on my own but it hardly seems worth getting the few articles of clothing that I have soaking wet.
We are heading to Nha Trang, another beach town in the morning, and hopefully the weather will begin to lighten up so we can explore and take more pictures.
Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weather! I hope Ray feels better soon! ~Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    I'm behind on getting to your blog. But it gave me several days worth to read up on at one time. It sounds like you are having a great time -- it makes me want to be there too. And by the sounds of it, it will be hard for you to leave. Although, I'm sure you'll be ready for home when the time comes.

    I want to let you know that I took my youngest granddaughter, Dakota who is 3, to the barn for a ride on Ty. During the ride to the barn, her ride on Ty, and the ride home she keep talking about April - I'm assuming she got her name from Kendra . . . who must have raved about her :) for Dakota to constantly talk about her without even a meeting. I thought that was soooo cute.

    Anyway, it sounds like you are having quite an adventure. Thanks for sharing it with us and I'll keep checking back.

    ~Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super precious Cherie! If you want to take her for a ride on April you can, just so long as Maddie isn't planning to use her. Glad you got to the blog! I will be seeing you soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete